Do you feel isolated when working at home or traditional offices? If yes, then continue reading. Fewer interactions at home or traditional offices can make working monotonous which leads to less productivity. That’s why more and more people are switching to coworking. According to a survey done by Deskmag, there were around 5 lakhs coworking offices worldwide. But there is one thing that many people has asked me i.e. How coworking improves your social skills? Before we come to this question, we need to understand the basic concept of coworking.
Coworking is an innovative work method which allows people to interact and work together. Working together with like-minded people helps to increase a person’s productivity. Coworking makes regular interaction and collaboration possible. The culture of a coworking office makes a person feel more than just an employee.
How social skills and behavior are developed by coworking?
- Builds a community- Coworking spaces offer a chance to people to interact with each other on a daily basis. You can share your ideas and thoughts with other entrepreneurs at the coworking office. It reduces the level of isolation and creates a healthy work-life balance.
- Positive environment- People from different backgrounds and industries work at coworking offices. When you interact with some people you get to know their stories (success and failures), share each other’s ideas and knowledge which might give you a chance to collaborate with each other for future business or expansion. You definitely feel inspired by interacting with such professionals.
- Stress busters– Working for continuous hours can make you feel stressed. After some time you might get monotonous which decreases your productivity. Coworking offices provide you games, events, nap rooms and parties where you can relax for a while to de stress.
- Building relationships– Regular events are organized by coworking offices. Attending such events help you to meet new people and increase your networks. Client building helps to expand your business.
- Personality development- Coworking spaces remove problems such as monotony and stress which helps to build a personality of a coworker. Also, this makes a coworker more focused and gains a new sense of respect towards his/her work.
- Makes you feel like home- Coworking offices provide a friendly environment to its clients. You can easily go up to a person and talk without any worries.
Coworking spaces offer a suitable environment to its clients where there is full freedom to interact and collaborate with each other. This helps to increase their overall social skills and behavior.