1. Hims get 100 million dollars investment.
2. Hims is a wellness startup and now enters the unicorn club.
3. Hims refused to name the lead investor but say it was not SoftBank and not before invested in Hims.
Hims is famous for its phallic new york subway advertisements. The startup has raised 100 million dollars in venture capital funding on a pre-money valuation of 1 billion dollars.
The startup did not reveal the name of the investor but say it was a “super big fund”, and give a hint that is not Softbank or that has not before invested in Hims.
The startup officially launched over 1 year ago and has raised 197 million dollars. The startup also incorporated a women’s wellness brand and alongside its flagship men’s wellness brand.
The Brand Sell
1. Sexual wellness products,
2. Skin care,
3. Hair loss treatments,
4. Erectile dysfunction medication,
5. Sell birth control pills to customers with prescriptions, and
6. Addyi (the only FDA-approved medication for females with hypoactive sexual obsession disorder).
It is a big price tag for such an early stage digital health startup like Hims, the startup also supported by Forerunner Ventures, Founders Fund, SV Angel, Redpoint Ventures, Maverick Capital, 8VC and more.
The startup came in the news when 3 months ago they launched a line of women’s health products called Hers.
The startup goal is to help females make the most educated decisions about their health at an early stage of their healthcare mission. The startup has used its height of venture capital to promote or support the new brand called hers. In September, when Hims raised 50 million dollars in a round led by IVP. Hims used the fund to launch Hers which offered three categories of products.
1. Sexual wellness,
2. Skin care, and
3. Hair loss treatments.
According to “Hers” brand lead Hilary Coles – there have been lots of choices for men to get hard and this is the first thing offered for females.